The WesTech COP™ Spiral Blade Clarifier is the result of research and design focus on building a better clarifier. Each COP Spiral Blade Clarifier is designed for the specific process requirements of each plant. Proprietary algorithmic computer programs are utilized and further refined to result in a clarifier that provides high performance, and is of benefit to plant operations overall. An acronym for Clarifier Optimization Package, this highly efficient clarifier design utilizes nine key design parameters to optimize the physical forces and limitations occurring in any clarifier to achieve superior performance:
1. Scum Removal: Removes scum buildup from within the feedwell and from the clarifier surface.
2. Basin Configuration: Uses deeper side water depth (SWD) and proper floor slope design for maximum capacity and highest effluent quality for the least cost.
3. Density Current Baffle: Eliminates wall currents and prevents short-circuiting. The wall-mounted baffle is low in cost and requires no maintenance.
4. Flocculating Feedwell: Promotes hydraulic flocculation in the inlet area and is designed to eliminate scouring of the sludge blanket.
5. Energy Dissipating Inlet (EDI): Converts the high energy feed from the center column into a lower velocity flow that is gently mixed in an impinged or tangential flow into the flocculating feedwell to maximize flocculation.
6. Spiral Rake Blades: Increase sludge transport capacity, providing rapid solids removal and lower sludge blankets. Eliminate septicity and denitrification.
7. Center Column: Minimizes floc shearing and reduces influent energy.
8. Sludge Withdrawal Ring: Reduces sludge inventory and blanket depth while maintaining high concentration. Provides rapid solids removal in conjunction with spiral rake blades.
9. Effluent Launder Covers: Eliminate algae growth and minimize maintenance time.