COP™ Suction Header Clarifer Overview:
The WesTech COP™ Clarifier is the result of research and design focus on building a better clarifier. Each COP is designed for the specific process requirements of each plant. Proprietary algorithmic computer programs are utilized and further refined to result in a clarifier that provides high performance, and is of benefit to plant operations overall. An acronym for Clarifier Optimization Package, this highly efficient clarifier design utilizes key design parameters to optimize the physical forces and limitations occurring in any clarifier to achieve superior performance.
- Scum Removal: Efficiently removes scum buildup from within the feedwell and from clarifier surface.
- Basin Configuration: Uses deeper side water depth (SWD) and proper floor slope design for maximum capacity and highest effluent quality for the least cost.
- Density Current Baffle: Eliminates wall currents and prevents short-circuiting. The wall-mounted baffle is low in cost and requires no maintenance.
- Flocculating Feedwell: Promotes hydraulic flocculation in the inlet area and is designed to eliminate scouring of the sludge blanket.
- Energy Dissipating Inlet (EDI): Converts the high energy feed from the center column into a lower velocity flow that is gently mixed in an impinged or tangential flow into the flocculating feedwell to maximize flocculation.
- Center Column: Sized and designed to support the mechanism while preventing shear of floc and reducing influent energy.
Largely used as activated sludge clarifiers, the WesTech line of COP Suction Header Clarifiers offers a good value in sludge removal. Settled solids are removed through a rotating suction arm or header located at the bottom of the clarifier. The suction header is a sealed tube with orifices sized and spaced to ensure even solids removal over the entire clarifier bottom.
WesTech suction headers provide full radius, rapid sludge removal plus the added advantages of the COP Clarifier Optimization Package. Our suction header clarifiers provide high quality effluent with full floor sludge removal in every rotation.
- Wide ranges of operational applications
- Simplicity of design and operation
- Low capital costs
- Rapid removal of settled solids
- Reduces denitrification in the sludge blanket
- Lowest disruption to clarification zone
- Uniform sludge removal across tank floor
- Reduces phosphorus release in BNR plants
- Primary clarification
- Secondary clarification