- Defined filter pore size with options from 10 to 60 microns
- Fully automatic operation
- Requires less than 11 inches of head for operation
SuperDisc™ Disc Filter
SuperDisc™ Disc Filter for Wastewater Treatment and More
The SuperDisc™ Disc Filter is a high-rate filtration process that fits into a compact footprint and requires less backwash than other filtration systems. The polyester filter media with a defined pore size deliver a quality effluent and high filtration efficiencies. The system is fully automated and continues to filter even during a backwash cycle. The design of the filter requires minimal head to drive the process and is ideal for retrofit applications into other filter basins or flow streams with limited hydraulic head available.
The SuperDisc Disc Filter system is a fully integral unit that requires minimal site assembly or the need for mounting and alignment of other ancillary equipment. The disc filter assembly includes a support frame with trough, drive unit, backwash pump, baskwash piping, filter drum with discs and an FRP cover with access hatches. Simply set the unit into the tank, anchor in place and assemble the piping and electrical. Additionally, the filter can be provided with its own freestanding stainless steel tank.
How it Works:
During operation, the liquid is fed into the center of the rotor drum, and dispersed into the filter discs. The liquid then passes through the polyester filter media and the solids are captured. The filtered effluent is then directed to the discharge of the filter. As the solids are collected on the filter media, the influent level increases and signals a backwash cycle.
The filter rotor starts rotating and the backwash of the filter begins. The high pressure backwash spray cleans the filter media and the accumulated solids are discharges into the reject flume that is internal to the filter.
Benefits and Features
- Small footprint
- Title 22 Approved
- Compact design
- Tertiary polishing of wastewater effluent
- Raw water filtration
- Water reuse
- Process water filtration
- Cooling water filtration
- Pulp and paper industry
- Aquaculture operations
- Housing material: Stainless Steel
- Filter media: Polyester woven media on FRP frame
- Filter media options from 10 to 60 micron
- Diameter: 1.9 meter or 2.4 meter
- Clinton Chooses SuperDisc™ for Phosphorus Removal (PDF)
- Customized SuperDisc™ Filtration System Meets Requirements (PDF)
- Mobile System Provides Emergency Solution for Wastewater Treatment Plant (PDF)
- Power Plant Chooses Reliable Mobile Solution (PDF)
- SuperDisc™ Retrofit Replaces Traveling Bridge Filters (PDF)
- Temporary Equipment Bridges the Gap for Refinery (PDF)