- Shaft-mounted direct drive
- High quality materials of construction
- Variable speed drives
Horizontal and Vertical Paddle Flocculators
Horizontal and Vertical Flocculators Overview
WesTech Flocculators are custom designed for all your flocculation needs. Energy is transferred into water through the use of paddle wheels which promote particle agglomeration to form large, fast-settling floc particles. Typically the process applies tapered flocculation to the inlet stream, where the first stage has high energy input (velocity gradient), and subsequent stages have a reduced velocity gradient.
Flocculator mechanisms can be oriented horizontally or vertically depending upon drive location and/or customer preferences. Horizontal flocculator drives can have a dry well (requiring a wall penetration) or a wet well arrangement.
Configurations and Materials of construction include:
- Shafting and paddle supports - epoxy coated carbon steel, chroming, or 304/316 SS
- Paddles - FRP
- Bearings - Cast iron pillow blocks with UHMW liners of roller bearings
- Chain - Non-metallic, steel or stainless steel
- Shaft Design - flanged or coupled
- Seals - Cast iron stuffing box with teflon packing
WesTech can also supply all supporting equipment for a complete package, such as torque monitoring and protection, variable speed controls, steel tankage, and electrical panels.
Benefits and Features
- Direct drives eliminate chain and sprockets
- Reduced maintenance and longer useful life of equipment
- Operational control of velocity gradient for seasonal changes to raw water
- Surface Water Clarification
- Phosphorus Removal
- Backwash Water Treatment