MULTICELL® Horizontal Pressure Multi-media Filter Vessel
Filtration of Larger Flows with Horizontal Pressure Filters
MULTICELL® Horizontal Pressure Filters consist of a pressure vessel with an overdrain system for distribution of influent water and collection of backwash waste.
Horizontal Pressure Filters allow you to:
- Maximize filtration area per footprint
- Maintain system pressure through the treatment process
- Eliminate backwash supply pumps
- Utilize several media configurations
Horizontal Pressure Filters operate like other pressure filters although the horizontal configuration increases filtration area per footprint. Multiple cells can be installed in a single vessel to allow operating flexibility and backwashing from in-service cells. Over 1 MGD (4 MLD), they are more economical than several vertical pressure filters.
Benefits and Features
- Enclosed filtration system
- Water only or air scour backwash
- Curved plate underdrain
- Common underdrain system
- Multiple cells in a single vessel
- Line pressure maintained
- Re-pumping after filtration eliminated
- Provides most effective backwash for a specific system
- Allows for easy inspection
- Allows backwashing from in-service cells
- Reduced backwash flow rate
Common applications include iron, manganese and arsenic removal from groundwater and industrial process water treatment. Vessel design and manufacturing includes non-code or ASME code with stamp for a wide range of operating pressures.