Trident® HSR Package Water Treatment Plant
Trident® HSR Clarifier
The Trident® HSR can be used to convert an existing Trident installation to HS technology, or as a stand-alone high-rate clarifier.
The Trident HSR is a high-rate clarification system utilizing tube clarification enhanced by sludge recirculation. Internal sludge recirculation increases settling by increasing available surface area for flocculation. Periodic sludge blowdown maintains the optimum concentration of sludge in the clarifier.
By converting from Trident to Trident HS, it is possible to increase solids loading capacity, increase TOC removal by 30-40%, and achieve 6+ log removal for crypto-sporidium and Giardia.
Trident HSR can also be used as pre-treatment for media or membrane filtration. Pre-treatment will increase filter or membrane performance, decrease waste, and extend backwash intervals.
Installation Base: The Trident HS is the newest addition to the Microfloc Trident® family, which was introduced in June of 1982. The number of locations realizing the benefits of Trident® Systems is over 1,000 and still growing.
Benefits and Features
- Small footprint
- Pre-fabricated tankage
- Automatic operation
- Tube Clarifier and sludge recirculation
- As high as 7 log removal credit of Crypto and Giardia with combination of tube clarifier, Trident portion and UV system!
- Provides reliable, simple treatment for difficult waters
- Handles high turbidity and organic loads with ease
- Minimizes waste production
- Minimizes installation cost and time
- Minimizes operator effort
- Minimizes design costs
- Smaller footprint compared to applicable conventional equipment
- Meets Long Term 2 Enhanced Surface Water Treatment Rule (LT2ESWTR)
- Proven process through trials testing
- The Trident HS System: Microfloc Trident HS systems minimize size and cost and maximize efficiency and performance for difficult to treat waters.