HiDensity™ Paste Thickener
HiDensity™ Paste Thickener Overview
WesTech’s HiDensity™ Paste Thickener produces non-settling thickened tailings with lower viscosities and underflow concentrations than what is produced in the Deep Bed™ Paste Thickener. The HiDensity Thickener also has a lower height-to-diameter ratio, which allows for on-the-ground construction and much larger diameters.
The HiDensity Thickener offers the advantages of paste and thickened tailings for very large tonnages. Water savings and tailings deposition can be accomplished with fewer tanks and at a lower capital cost than with the equivalent number of Deep Bed paste thickeners.
Reduced viscosity associated with the underflow concentrations of the HiDensity Thickener results in lower pumping costs — an important factor for deposition areas far from the plant.
- Both elevated and on-ground tank designs
- Tunnel access to the underflow pumps
- Rake mechanism with full-length dewatering pickets
- Duty-rated torque to over 4,000,000 ft-lbs
- Self-diluting feedwell
- Diameters 3 to 60 meters
- Easier to pump viscous paste
- Optimal flocculation
- Efficient paste discharge
- Mineral tailings
- Deposit slope of 3-3%
- CCD circuits
- Extend pond life by changing to paste
- Allows tailings deposit without dams