- Large diameter installations
Titan™ Traction Thickener
Titan™ High Tonnage Thickening Solution
The Titan™ traction thickener processes very high throughputs in a single thickener and cost-effectively provides greater torque in large units.
When sizing a high-rate thickener, one factor that limits the size and throughput in the unit is the available torque. This is particularly true with center-driven, high-rate thickeners. The use of a peripheral drive, like that on the Titan, takes advantage of the long “lever arm” of the raking mechanism, instead of being limited by it like a center drive unit.
Experience in sizing, design, and operation of this type of thickener is critical. WesTech has the experience to successfully implement features such as:
- Traction thickeners are generally larger than 50m (164ft) and can be well over 100m (328ft).
- The thickener tank is an on-the-ground construction.
- Feed system designed to manage the high energy of the large flow to properly flocculate and effectively transition the horizontal momentum to proper settling in the tank.
- The underflow pumps are located directly under the thickener in a pump room serviced by a subterranean tunnel.
Consider a WesTech Titan traction-driven thickener for your high-tonnage thickening needs.
Benefits and Features
- Cost-effective alternative to conventional units
- Lower maintenance
- Minerals tailings
- Alumina red mud
- High-tonnage / high-torque applications